ASSOCIATED LANDSCAPE CONTRACTORS OF COLORADO
We are pleased to announce that Giannini Lawncare & Landscapes, LLC is a member of the Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado. Our membership in this organization assures our customers that we abide by the ALCC Core Values and Standards of Conduct, as outlined below.
ALCC Members Share these Core Values
- Operate with inclusiveness, respect, trust, and integrity.
- Encourage an atmosphere of camaraderie and mutually supportive interaction.
- Function in ways that fairly and appropriately reflect the interests of all members.
- Act as environmental stewards by continually working to conserve natural resources, reduce consumption and lessen our environmental impact.
- Maintain a pro-active vision and an orientation to the future.
- Sustain a largely external focus based on desired outcomes of programs and activities, and the goals outlined in the strategic business plan.
- Embrace open, deliberative discussions and function as a consensus-based organization.
- Embrace environmentally responsible and ecologically sound principles that not only improve the environment but ensure the economic opportunity and sustainability of the green industry.
- Encourage active participation and a diversity of perspectives.
- Function as a knowledge-based and competency-based organization.
- Operate in a responsive, flexible and nimble manner.
- Maintain excellent communication and collaboration within and outside the organization.
- Provide an outstanding value for time and money spent by members.
Standards of Conduct for ALCC Members
The activities and practices of all members will help assure public confidence in the business integrity and quality of service provided by landscape professionals. To promote and maintain this confidence, each member should endeavor to adhere to the following Standards of Conduct:
- Maintain the highest standard of personal and professional conduct in all aspects of my business.
- Actively promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within my business and the landscape industry.
- Recognize and discharge my responsibility and that of my company to uphold all laws and regulations relating to businesses and professionals in the landscape industry.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of my business.
- Cooperate in every reasonable and proper way with other members and industry professionals, and work with them to advance the business, professional and fellowship interests of the landscape industry in Colorado.
- Use every opportunity to improve the public understanding of professionalism in the landscape industry.
- Embrace environmentally responsible and ecologically sound principles that improve the environment and facilitate the economic opportunity and sustainability of the green industry.
- Act as an environmental steward by continually working to conserve natural resources, reduce consumption and lessen my company’s environmental impact.
Sustainable Landscape Management
Giannini Lawncare & Landscapes is ALCC-certified in Sustainable Landscape Management
What does that mean for you as a customer? The following description is taken from the ALCC website:
Through sustainable landscape practices, ALCC members strive to design, install and maintain landscapes that provide lasting environmental, economic and aesthetic value for Colorado property owners. A well-designed landscape can cost less to build and maintain in the long run by consuming fewer resources. Landscaped spaces improve air and water quality. Trees, grass, and plants don’t just look good, they have important jobs – enhancing the environment, increasing property values, and improving our health and quality of life.
In Colorado, water shortages and drought are a certainty, which is why sustainability begins with water conservation. We educate Coloradoans how to care for their landscapes in our challenging climate and we help property owners find smart and innovative ways to reduce their outdoor water consumption. Years of drought conditions have raised awareness about water use and made Xeriscape more than a passing fad. Xeric landscapes can be lush and beautiful, and property owners continue to embrace its seven principles as well as industry Best Management Practices.
Sustainable Landscape Partners
In recent years, the ‘green’ movement spurred ALCC to take xeriscape and conservation to the next phase. In 2013, ALCC launched the Sustainable Landscape Partners Program which includes member companies that promote and practice sustainable landscape practices. ALCC also developed Green Strategies for Colorado Landscapes which is a sustainable approach to landscape design, installation, and maintenance that protects Colorado resources. Green Strategies are intended to guide professionals, but also serve as a consumer resource. Topics cover landscaping in harmony with the natural conditions in Colorado, conserving water and energy, composting and recycling, nurturing healthy soils, employing responsible insect and disease control, and preserving wildlife habitat.
ALCC Sustainable Landscape Partners have taken the training and are committed to upholding the principles in Green Strategies. Each has earned the Sustainable Partner designation.